WildBit Viewer Free
Video tutorial & screenshots
This review applies to version 5.12.
The latest version of this software will soon be reviewed by our
Though it is free, WildBit Viewer is also one of the best image management applications you can find. It is much more than just an image viewer, as it includes a large variety of additional image editing and management tools and features, yet it manages to be lightweight, small and simple-to-use.
WildBit Viewer and IrfanView are the most important free image management tools. I still can’t decide which one is better. The most noticeable difference is the fact that WildBit Viewer comes with standalone executables for the major additional tools such as the image editor, the slideshow viewer or the image search utility. They can be launched from the viewer’s interface or directly from the program’s folder, but they will be run independently of the main program – the viewer. This could be an advantage to some or an inconvenience to others, depending on everyone’s preferences. Anyway, WildBit Viewer is a great tool. It manages to remain simple and intuitive despite the fact that it offers a lot of possibilities, and this is the main thing that I like about this tool.
When it comes to viewing photos, it supports rotating, zooming or comparing them, viewing their metadata, setting them as desktop wallpaper, and many more. The functions of the editor are a lot more numerous, being impressively versatile and potent, surpassed only by leviathans like Photoshop. Except working with layers, almost anything you can think of when it comes to image editing is also provided by this tool.
Furthermore, a handy image search utility that allows filtering and applying various search criteria is also included. The comprehensive slideshow viewer offers more than 100 transition effects.
WildBit Viewer supports a lot of image file formats, including the most popular ones like JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF and TGA.
In conclusion, WildBit Viewer manages to remind me that the “Best things in life are free” saying is often true. It’s a great tool that never failed to satisfy my image file management needs.
- Slideshow viewer with a lot of transition effects.
- Support for a lot of file formats.
- Comprehensive range of editing functions and tools.
- Effective image search system.
- Neat and intuitive interface.
- Resource-friendly and lightweight.
- None that I can think of.
What's new in version 6.1 beta
- Added - Compare: Histograms added with channel and style selections. Note! Right click histogram to bring popup-menu to set channel and style. Channel default is now All and Style default is now Lines.
- Changed - Compare: Statusbar is showing also image size and zoom.
- Changed - Main: Show Filter is now showing popup menu where specific filter can be chosen. Note! Custom Filter displays editable text box.
- Changed - Image Info: Histogram, Channel default is now All and Style default is now Lines.
- Changed - Updated Virtual Treeview to 5.3.0
- Changed - Optimized code.
What's new in version 6.0 beta
- Viewer,Slide Show,Editor,Search,Profile Switcher & Multi Screen Viewer Unicode support added.
- Viewer,Search & Multi Screen Viewer Updated Virtual Treeview.
- Viewer,Slide Show,Search & Multi Screen Viewer Updated VirtualShellTools.
- Viewer,Slide Show,Editor,Search,Profile Switcher & Multi Screen Viewer Updated FastMM 4.99 -> 4.991 version.
- Viewer,Slide Show,Editor,Search,Profile Switcher & Multi Screen Viewer Updated Eurekalog 6.1.04 -> 184.108.40.206
- Viewer, Slide Show, Editor, Search, Profile Switcher & Multi Screen Viewer Theme aware added.
- Viewer, Slide Show, Editor, Search, Profile Switcher & Multi Screen Viewer Changed ToolBar icons.
- plus Lots of bug fixes and changes, check Readme files for details.
From "Readme.txt" file:
Build: Beta 2.0:
- Removed Main: Capture Object.
Build: Beta 1.0:
- Changed Main: Minor ToolBar icon changes.
Build: Alpha 3.0:
- Changed Saving bug report (.elp file) to My Documents when sending error occurs.
Build: Alpha 2.0:
- Changed Optimized code.
- Fixed Main: Minor issue with Fit on Screen and visible scrollbars.
Build: Alpha 1.0:
- Added Unicode support.
- Changed Updated FastMM 4.99 -> 4.991 version.
- Changed Updated Eurekalog 6.1.04 -> 220.127.116.11
- Changed ToolBar icons.
- Changed Turned on full theme aware.
What's new in version 5.9
- Viewer,Slide Show,Editor & Search Updated ImageEn to 3.1.2 version.
- Viewer,Slide Show,Editor,Search & Profile Switcher Eurekalog updated to 6.0.25 version.
- Viewer,Slide Show,Editor & Search DCRAW plugin updated.
- Viewer,Slide Show,Editor Color Management System (CMS) aware added.
- Viewer Quick Zoom added.
- Slide Show Jump To Specific Image tool added.
plus Lots of bug fixes and changes, check Readme files for details
WildBit Viewer is compact & fast image viewer with slide show and editor. Eye catching interface within blazing fast folder, file list and thumbnail viewer. Viewer includes also Image Info with Image EXIF meta data JPEG and TIFF support and IPTC (IIMV4) information (like PhotoShop file info) from JPEG and TIFF, Thumbview has changeable views, sorting and thumbnail predefined sizes for fast thumbnail size setting.
Leave a comment